Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Alpha Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_ 1805.180504-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see new features, many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
- We have fixed the issue with users encountering a loss of Audio playing Final Fantasy XV.
- We have fixed additional launch and activation issues in certain apps.
- We have fixed issues in which certain users could not select 120Hz on certain displays when color depth was set to anything but 8-bit.
- We have fixed stability issues in the network configuration that resulted in certain games crashing under certain network conditions.
- We have fixed an issue that caused uploading to live clips in 4k to 1080p fail.
- Fixed issues with Microsoft Edge failing to take the user to the correct settings under certain conditions (etc. overscan border settings)
- Fixed issues with the stability of Microsoft Edge crashing under certain user scenarios.
My Games and Apps
- After any cold boot or silent boot, if the console is put into Instant On, it has a chance of having no background downloads of Apps or Games working until waking the console from Instant On again.
- We have fixed issues when Users may get randomly signed out from Xbox Live if they get a connectivity hiccup. This would also boot/kick users out of whatever game they’re playing with a message like “you must be online to play this game”.
- Fixes to the stability of Party chat. Users will no longer lose audio from certain games while a party chat session is open.
- Fixed issues with the virtual keyboard disappearing when the user was inputting text.
- We have fixed issues with users loosing Wi-Fi coming out of Instant-On.
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- We are investigating reports of loss of audio in some games when resuming from Instant-On. Please file feedback when this occurs.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.