Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Beta Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_1805.180506-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 6.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see new features, many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
Improved Family Settings
Xbox One is also helping parents keep their family safe with updates to family settings. We’ve added a new family settings page where parents can easily find and manage all family settings on Xbox One. Parents will easily be able to tell which family and content settings are set up and configured. Important setting that are turned off or require attention will be flagged as well. Some settings, such as activity reports and screen time limits, can only be accessed through the web: We identify those settings and provide a link to where parents can easily set them up.
More Privacy Options
You will notice a change to the Login flow on the console that only occurs once when you first login. This is a requirement for new Privacy requirements. In the privacy settings menu, you can now also specify whether to send crash dump data for games and apps to Microsoft. We’ll also let you know about scenarios where we need to share your data with game developers, publishers, and other third parties so that you can play online. Finally, we’re giving you a way to close your Microsoft account, which will also remove you from others’ friends lists.
- We have fixed localization issues with the two new privacy login screens that users will encounter.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- We are investigating reports of loss of audio in some games when resuming from Instant-On. Please file feedback when this occurs.
- We are aware that some users with Denon or Marantz receivers and the LG SJ9 soundbar are experiencing Audio issues.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- An issue has been discovered with some titles (Halo MCC, Halo 5, EA Sports titles as an example) that matchmaking is failing. We are tracking a fix on this issue.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.