Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Alpha Preview Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170831-1900 and it is available from 6:00PM PDT 9/5 (1:00AM GMT 6/9).
Coming to what this build brings, we can see fixes in the changelog shared officially. This build brings new features, fixes and known issues.
Build 1710. 170831-1900 Changelog:
NEW FEATURES: Light and Dark Themes
· We are adding new themes to the dashboard. In addition to the current theme, you’ll be able to select a new light theme. Please note that this setting will not be enabled till 9.00am PDT 9/6/17 as we need all Alpha users to be on this new build. After 9.00am on 9/6 simply reboot your console to see the setting. 1. Navigate to Settings > Personalization > System personalization > System theme. 2. Select Light.
· Game invites are moving from Action Center to the Multiplayer tab of Guide and Recent Achievements will now be in the Achievements tab. This makes it easy to see at a glance if you have new invites or Achievements when opening the Guide, and makes accessing those notifications faster, now that other system notifications aren’t in the way
• Movies & TV and Misc Media Apps
Black screens during movie playback have been fixed as has Fast Forward.
• Light Theme
There are some known visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist and the Mixer twist – you may see white one white. Fixes will be coming soon.
• Sign-in When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences.
Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch.
• Minecraft Better Together Beta
Other games fail to launch after launching the Minecraft Beta. Workaround: This occurs if the Minecraft Beta is the first game launched after powering on the console; launch another game before Minecraft to avoid this issue. If you are stuck in this state, hard reset your console.
• Blu-Ray Player
3D Blu-Ray content plays in 2D.
• Game Hub
Game Hub isn’t accurately tracking Gamerscore and achievement unlocks for certain games.