Microsoft has rolled out a fresh new update for users in the Fast Ring of Insider Program of Outlook for Mac. The latest build version is 15.36 (170606).
The latest update brings much awaited feature “Favorites”. This new feature is now available for mail folders. This new feature also comes with some known issues.
Along with new feature the latest update also brings some top bug fixes and improvements. Such as New Sidebar, Send Later option and more.
Checkout the full changelog below.
Here’s the full changelog 15.36 (170606):
- Favorites is now available for mail folders!
How does it work?
Select “Add to Favorites” in the context menu / File menu of any folder:
The folder will show up under Favorites at the top of the Sidebar:
To remove from Favorites, select “Remove from Favorites” in the context menu / File menu of the folder you want to remove:
- Favorites are local-only; thus, Favorites added in Outlook for Windows or web don’t show up on Mac and Favorites on Mac don’t roam
- We are working to enable this in the future
- Favorites can be added and removed via context menu / menu; drag & drop support coming soon
- Favorites are sorted alphabetically; support for re-ordering is coming soon
- Groups can only be added to Favorites using the File > Folder menu; context menu support coming soon
Top bug fixes and improvements:
- Send Later: when canceling send, the draft will be opened for editing instead of permanently deleted.
- New Sidebar: after creating or renaming a mail folder, keyboard focus is now retained on the folder
- Outlook no longer intermittently prompts for outlook.office365.com certificate, fixing known issue from last week
- When accepting an update to an occurrence of a meeting series, Outlook no longer prompts to first re-accept the series
- Search People buttons in email compose can now be reached via tab when keyboard access is set to All Controls
- When adding a POP email account, Outlook no longer hangs indefinitely once Add Account is pressed
- VoiceOver now reads the Message Preview for each email when navigating the Message List