With Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft’s vision of bringing 3D for everyone was a major goal for the broader community of Creators around us. The classic Paint app which is being used by over a billion users each month has received a complete overhaul with new tools etc. and ships under the new Paint 3D moniker as well.
Paint 3D is there to wake up an artist inside you and makes it easy to unleash your creativity and bring your ideas to life. The new Paint 3D app enables you to create in every dimension. It is easier than ever to make 2D masterpieces or 3D models that you can play with from all angles.
To help you get started on your journey of awesome creations, Microsoft has put forth some demo videos illustrating some of the really cool new features in Paint 3D. Check out them below.
Paint 3D features:
- 2D? Meet 3D. Instantly create cut-outs from your favorite pictures with Magic Select, then use them as stickers to wrap onto your 3D models.
- Set the scene. Try realistic textures like hardwood and soft grass, and choose the filter and lighting options that best show off your creation.
- Debut your work on Remix3D.com. Discover thousands of 3D models from the Remix 3D community, and upload your own creations.
- Doodle in 3D! Sketch a drawing with the 3D doodle tool and watch it instantly turn 3D.
- Show how it’s done. Export a video of your creative process and show others how you’ve made your work of art.
If you are on the Creators Update, and have not tried the app yet, give it a try, it is fun!