Panasonic, at this years MWC, introduced a new addition to the Toughbook family, the Toughbook CF-33.
The device is a fully rugged 2-in-1 detachable laptop with 3:2 aspect ratio and runs Windows 10. It is available in two variants: a) 2-in-1 detachable laptop (tablet with keyboard dock) or b) as a tablet only.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 transforms into six diverse working modes, giving the best experience of a portable workstation and tablet for business applications. It weighs only 2.761kg in laptop mode, with the separable tablet weighing 1.527kg.
Being a fully rugged tablet, it can easily bear the harsh weather conditions of sunlight or heavy rains, which makes it best suitable for outdoor use by workers in an industry. It also has a 12″ 10-finger capacitive Dual touch QHD screen (2160 x 1440 pixels), with 1200cd/m2 brightness, providing better viewing quality for tablet users who need to operate touchscreens with gloves when working outside.
The digitizer pen is IP55, protecting it against intrusion, dust, accidental contact, and water by mechanical casings and electrical enclosures, and at the same time, furnishing the highest levels of writing, drawing and signature accuracy in unpleasant weather conditions.
Other features of Toughbook CF-33 include:
- Powered by Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- The sleek Desktop Port Replicator allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime
US pricing and availability
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 will be available in May 2017 from authorized Panasonic resellers starting around $4,099 for tablet with keyboard and $3,499 for the tablet-only. Specifications of the US model will be released this May. In the meantime, for additional information, please visit Panasonic website.
Europe pricing and availability
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 comes with a standard 3-year warranty and will be available in 2nd Quarter of 2017. The Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop model will be priced at € 3552 / £ 2627 + vat, and the Toughbook CF-33 Tablet only model will be priced at € 2992 / £ 2213 + vat.