Microsoft is releasing the monthly feature update for the Power BI Desktop application for Windows. This month’s update has one of the most anticipated features – Bookmarking. This will give users a very powerful storytelling capability, combined with the earlier released drillthrough , to create highly interactive reports.
There are some visual improvements and a big update to the quick measures, as well.
For a summary of the major updates, you can watch the following video:
Here’s the complete list of October updates:
- Bookmarking (preview)
- Selection pane and visual display controls
- Bookmark links for shapes and images (preview)
- Scatter & bubble markers
- Increase the number of data points shown in scatter charts
- Quick measures for SSAS live connections
- Sales from new customers quick measure
- Cell-level formatting for multidimensional AS models