If you are an existing Windows Insider on PC or Mobile, you may be either looking forward to continue and receive Redstone 3 builds, once Microsoft starts pushing them or may be thinking to give it a break and continue on Creators Update. Microsoft will release Windows 10 Creators Update to everyone on April 11 and Windows 10 Mobile creators update on April 25.
Redstone 3 is tipped to be focused on Mobile devices and we have already heard rumors about couple of new features that it may bring. It may also bring two new Windows 10 Mobile architectures: ARM64 and X86, we reported exclusively. Yet another rumor claims that it will be Version 1711, indicating its release in Nov / Dec 2017.
So, now Microsoft wants you to refresh your Windows Insider settings and be ready for Redstone 3 Builds or opt out to stay on Creators Update.
How to opt for getting Redstone 3 Builds:
- Go to Settings–>Update & Security–>Windows Insider Programme
- You will be prompted to restart and you should tap on it
- After restart again go to Windows Insider Programme
- Now you can select the Ring you want to be in. For receiving Redstone 3 Builds, select Fast or Slow Rings.
How to stay on Creators Update or Redstone 2:
- For staying on Creators Update, either select Release Preview Ring or tap on “Stop Insider Preview Builds”
- If you tap on “Stop Insider Preview Builds”, you will see option of “keep giving me builds until the next Windows release”. You will stay on Creators Update.