On this page we have done a round-up of all the Microsoft Surface Phone leaks, rumors, concepts posted yet. Some of these leaks have been our exclusives. Some of the concepts posted by many talented designers are mind-blowing too. You can read our full Surface Phone coverage by clicking here.
Surface Phone leaked / rumored Specs & Features:
- The protos that we have information about run Snapdragon 835 and support Quick charging 4.0
- Windows 10 Mobile architecture on them is already 64-Bit and one of them has 6 GB RAM
- What is most interesting is the information that the one proto with 6 GB RAM can already run X86 apps in Continuum. We have heard a lot about Microsoft working on X86-on-ARM64 emulation and this may be one of the implementations. Sources however tell us that Protos can’t run X86 apps by themselves yet, but can install them. Once connected via Continuum you can run any X86 apps.
- The earlier reported Laptop Accessory is still a thing and we hear Microsoft is seriously purusing the 3-in-1 form factor.
- One of the Protos is said to have 4 GB RAM and still runs Snapdragon 835. It does have 64-Bit Windows 10 Mobile version but can’t run X86 apps in Continuum. That may be just a version thing or Microsoft may be planing one consumer and one enterprise-oriented Surface Phone variant.
- Display-size wise we hear both are said to have a 5.5-inch, QHD display, but this is just a guess having a look at the display and not actual measurement.
Rumors from other sources:
More rumors emerged on Weibo and they claim three Surface Phone variants with different RAM / Internal Storage configurations and also confirm a Snapdragon 830 processor.
- Three variants: 3GB RAM / 32GB storage, 6GB RAM / 128GB storage, 8GB RAM /500GB storage
- Snapdragon 830
- Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 3
- Laptop Accessory
So, we will have Surface Phone variants at three different price points though none of them will be aimed at Budget end of Smartphone market as per these rumors.
Surface Phone Concepts:
The Surface Phone concept shown in image above is quite interesting too and it imagines a Surface Phone which can replace your Tablet and PC too. There will a cover / stand that will support the Surface Phone’s use as a productivity device. The concept shown in image above has a 5.7 inch, 2K display. It runs on Snapdragon 830, will sport a 20MP Rear camera.
There are more interesting Surface Phone concepts that you can read by clicking here.
Surface Phone Release Date:
Our sources have confirmed that Surface Phone launch is delayed now to late 2017. It will now come running Windows 10 Mobile focused Redstone 3 out of the box.
Surface Phone Price:
While it will known only near the launch of Surface Phone somewhere in late 2017, it is clear that Microsoft will launch a premium product in form of Surface Phone. So expect a premium pricing.
Read our full Surface Phone coverage:
- This Surface Note concept has foldable Surface Phone with note taking & pen in focus
- Surface Phone/Mobile/Note/Courier: What should Microsoft call it??
- Updated: Exclusive top Surface Phone/Mobile features, UI design & size specs
- How Surface Phone/Mobile would differ from Microsoft Courier concept
- Floating display patent key to Surface Phone’s holographic display?
- Surface Phone aka foldable Surface Mobile to feature holographic display, claims new rumor
- Andromeda.exe & CShell for Surface Phone/Mobile in Redstone 4 code already
- Surface Phone when?? Huawei next to bring Foldable smartphone of its own
- Did ZTE Axon M just steal Microsoft Surface Phone’s thunder??
- Check these Surface Phone (Surface Mobile) concepts in weekend watch
- Exclusive: 2018 may see Surface Mobile (Surface Phone) & Windows mobile devices from top vendors too
- Foldable Surface Mobile’s (Phone) tweaked design with LTE support patented by Microsoft
- Did Microsoft leak Surface Mobile (Phone) prototype on Twitter
- Report: Microsoft working on a Mobile device running new Windows Mobile OS
- Latest Microsoft Hinged Device patent may reveal design of the “ultimate mobile device”
- CEO Nadella: Microsoft will make more phones but they won’t look like Phones there today
- Windows 10 Mobile is not dead. Surface Phone development is still on.
- Windows 10 Mobile X86 & ARM64 architectures coming in future, reveals official Documentation
- Surface Phone Leaks & Rumors roundup: All that we know yet
- Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 3 to bring 3rd party Keyboards, Cortana to navigation bar