Telegram’s Windows Desktop app has received a huge update in the Windows Store on Windows 10. This update is primarily focused on enabling power management tools giving more granular control for group admins while managing group chats that consist of hundreds and thousands of members.
One of the spotlight feature is the support for Supergroups of up to 10,000 members, which is a huge number when compared to 256 in WhatsApp.
Here’s the full changelog for v1.1.9
- Supergroups can now have up to 10,000 members.
- Appoint supergroup admins with granular rights. Choose who can add users, manage messages, block members, edit group info & username, add new admins, etc.
- Restrict and ban supergroup members with granular precision. Read-only bans, GIF & sticker bans, media bans, temporary bans and restrictions.
- Check the new event log to see all service actions taken by members and admins of a channel or supergroup in the last 48 hours.
- Toggle night mode in the main menu.
If you want to learn more and in-depth about this update, head over to this page.
Telegram user can find the update in the Windows Store below.