Microsoft is releasing an early preview of the August 2017 feature update for Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile. If you are enrolled in Office Insider Slow on Windows Mobile, the current Insider Slow version is 17.8431 and contains a few new features as detailed below.
- Improved smart quotes: You asked for it! Smart quotes are now smarter after em dashes (—).
- Insert cut or copied cells: We heard you! Cut or copy cells and insert them with just a tap. Works for whole rows and columns.
The smart quotes feature automatically changes straight quotation marks ( ‘ or ” ) to curly quotation marks (also known as “smart quotes” or typographer’s quotes). Any quote following an em dash(–) is now formatted as an open quote (rather than closed quote).
This means any quote following an em dash(–) is now formatted as an open quote (rather than closed quote).
However, Smart quotes in Word are controlled by autocorrect behaviour and can be turned off completely.
Follow the steps below to turn off Smart quotes on Windows Mobile.
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Keyboard.
- Tap the language for which you want to change settings.
- Turn on or off Correct misspelled words.
For more info, hit the source link below.