Intel has released the latest Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters that fixes a lot of issues on devices running Windows 10 including the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). (via windowsblogitalia)
The 21.120.0 package installs the Windows® 10 Wi-Fi drivers for the following Intel® Wireless Adapters:
- 184.108.40.206 for AX201/AX200/9560/9260/9462/9461 (Only available in 64-bit version)
- 220.127.116.11 for 8265/8260 (Only available in 64-bit version)
- 18.104.22.168 for 7265(Rev. D)/3165/3168
Which file to choose
- WiFi_21.120.0_Driver64_Win10.exe for 64-bit of Windows® 10
- WiFi_21.120.0_Driver32_Win10.exe for 32-bit of Windows® 10
How to install
- Download the file to a folder on your PC.
- Double-click on the file to launch installation.
Alternatively, you may download and run Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to automatically detect update.
- Shutdown (BSOD) errors caused by the Intel Wireless driver.
- Shutdown errors (BSODs) can occur when playing online video and turning on Windows 10 mobile hotspots.
- Shutdown (BSOD) errors can occur when the system restarts.
- In some circumstances, a system may not be able to automatically reconnect to the access point after returning to the range of radio frequencies.
- Wake on Wireless LAN can fail on a system with Wireless AMT (Intel-Active Management Technology).
- With some HW/SW configurations, a random network disconnect can occur and you may want to manually reconnect.
- Data transfer performance may be reduced when the PC-to-mobile connection switches from direct Wi-Fi to 2.4 GHz Access Point.
- When you resume Sleep mode on systems with Modern Standby, Windows-Stop Shutdown Errors (BSOD) caused by the Intel wireless driver.
- Stop Errors (BSOD) may occur on systems with Modern Standby, along with the Event Event ID 5010 WiFi driver in Event Viewer.
- After resuming Sleep mode on systems with Modern Standby, throughput performance may be reduced.
- A network disconnect may occur after the system is down.
- You may experience a network disconnect, along with the Event Id 5005 Wi-Fi driver, when streaming 2.4 GHz online video.
- With Cisco AnyConnect software, you may experience wireless connection issues.
- Intel® Wireless adapters may not connect to access points with TKIP encryption.
- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 21.120.0 has been updated to include features and security updates. Users must upgrade to the latest version.