Microsoft is rolling out a new Windows 10 non-security update to non-insiders running official Creators Update. This CU KB4016240 brings Windows 10 Build 15063.250 to the version 1703.
This is a non-security update and thus brings only quality improvements and many fixes. It doesn’t bring any new features. If you have installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this build will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Read the full changelog below. You can download the update in case it is not being offered through Windows Update for some reason. Check the update package size and download links at bottom of this article.
Windows 10 Build 15063.250 (KB4016240) Changelog:
This non-security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue where VMs might experience loss in network connectivity while provisioning IP addresses.
- Addressed issue that does not initiate a remote ring on the device when RemoteRing Configuration Service Provider (CSP) is used.
- Addressed issue where a memory leak occurs in Internet Explorer when hosting pages containing nested framesets that load cross-domain content.
- Addressed issue that causes users to get logged out from Web applications intermittently.
- Addressed issue with a very dim internal monitor that may occur when booting with the external monitor only and then switching to the built-in panel only.
- Addressed issue where running Win32 Direct3D applications or games in full-screen exclusive mode causes the system to become unresponsive when resuming from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where when upgrading to Windows 10, version 1703, with the system language set to Chinese, the progress page displays geometric shapes instead of the correct localized strings.
- Addressed issue that prevents the lock screen from being disabled using Group Policy on Professional SKUs.
- Addressed issue in Windows Forms configuration options, which causes antivirus applications to stop working at startup.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Download link & Update size:
Windows 10 Build 15063.250 update size for the x86 version is 215 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 341 MB.