Twitter app on Windows 10 PC and Mobile received a big update with lots of new features plus visual design changes.
Version 5.7.1 is now rolling out worldwide via the Windows Store and introduces the new reply system, tab creation, multiple timeline support in Live events page and more.
Let’s first talk about the new reply system. With this change, Twitter will no longer count those @usernames towards your tweet’s 140 characters when replying to someone or a group of people. This means with all 140 characters for your replies, you have more room to participate in group conversations and focus more on the discussions rather than the character count. This includes photos, videos, GIFs, polls, and Quote Tweets too.
Quick tip: You can tap on Replying to… to easily check/uncheck the participants in a conversation.
And the biggest feature is the creation of tabs. With this, you can keep a watch on multiple user accounts or hashtags at the same time. To add a new tab, press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard while clicking on the username or hashtag. (see picture above). To disable the feature, go to Profile >> Settings and slide the Tabs toggle button to off and Save changes.
Moreover, the company has added a new Tweets & Replies tab to Profile page. This makes it easier to quickly jump over to last conversation you had with the other party.
Twitter has also improved the display of images & video in Moments plus, the Live events page now supports multiple timelines.
Here’s the official changelog from store.
- We’re changing replies so that you have all 140 characters to express yourself. When you reply to a Tweet, @usernames will not automatically be added to the beginning of the reply, giving you all 140 characters to use in your response. You can see the full list of participant usernames in the conversation by tapping the prompt above the Tweet.
- We added a ‘Tweets & Replies’ tab to Profiles.
- Hold ‘Ctrl’ key and then click to create a new tab.
- We improved the display of images & video in Moments.
- The Live events page now supports multiple timelines.
One more thing, you can now tap on user profile pictures and open to view it.
If you find any other change, do let us know in the comments below.