Microsoft has now released the update KB5034123 (OS Builds 22621.3007 and 22631.3007) for PCs running Windows 11 23H2/22H2. The update KB5034123 brings a richer weather experience on lock screen. It also brings other new changes and many fixes.
Here is the full changelog provided for the Windows 11 update KB5034123 (OS Builds 22621.3007 and 22631.3007) by Microsoft. Please note that all the fixes listed for Windows 11 version 22H2 are also included for Windows 11 23H2 update.
- New! The coming weeks will bring a richer weather experience to your lock screen. This includes dynamic, interactive weather updates. So, as you hover over the weather on your lock screen, you will see more information. When you tap or click on the weather card and sign in, Microsoft Edge opens with the full forecast in MSN weather. If you already use Weather in Settings > Personalization > lock screen > Lock screen status, there is nothing for you to do. Also, this new experience will be on by default if Lock screen status is set to “None.” Like today, lock screen status will be available when you lock your screen no matter which personalization option you select (Windows spotlight, Picture, or Slideshow).
- This update addresses an issue that affects the spellchecker.Windows 11, version 23H2:
Important: Use EKB KB5027397 to update to Windows 11, version 23H2.
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- This build includes all the improvements in Windows 11, version 22H2.
- No additional issues are documented for this release.Windows 11, version 22H2:
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5033375 (released December 12, 2023). When you install this KB:
- This update addresses an issue that affects the ActiveX scroll bar. It does not work in IE mode.
- This update addresses an issue that causes your device to shut down after 60 seconds. This occurs when you use a smart card to authenticate on a remote system.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the display of a smart card icon. The icon does not appear when you sign in. This occurs when there are multiple certificates on the smart card.
- This update addresses a known issue that might affect some Wi-Fi adapters. They might not connect to some networks. This might occur after you install KB5032288 or KB5033375. This issue is more likely to occur if the Wi-Fi networks use 802.1x to authenticate. It is not likely that home networks will have this issue.
You can download and manually install Windows 11 update KB5034123 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.