Microsoft has pushed preview Build 16275 for PC and Build 15245 for Mobile for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring. The Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC is only available on the Fast ring only and NOT for those on Skip Ahead.
According to Windows Insider Chief Ninja Cat, Dona Sarkar, Insiders who choose to leave Skip Ahead and take this PC build will be unable to re-join Skip Ahead.
As Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is nearing its final release, Microsoft will be pushing new Insider builds more often with important bug fixes. This will ensure that that the final product proves to be a worthy candidate to be released to the public coming month.
“As we mentioned in the blog post for our flight on Wednesday, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we intend to release new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build includes a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy” – Dona Sarkar
Moreover, Mobile Insiders on Fast Ring should see Build 15245 popping up on their smartphones and as always, it contains some general performance and reliability improvements.
AND DON’T FORGET TO JOIN Engineering Team Tuesday, August 29th at 10 am Pacific for Engineering Systems webcast on official Windows Insider Mixer channel.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in Asphalt 8 not accepting input in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights were when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- We fixed an issue that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- We fixed an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry in the last flight until the animation had stopped (for example, when loading the main page of Settings).
- We fixed an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected change in mouse sensitivity in the last flight for PCs using non-default display scaling.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged into an external monitor with a different DPI.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- This build also includes all the improvements from KB4034674.
- We fixed an issue where the MTP service would sometimes crash when you disconnected your phone while a file transfer is in progress.
- We fixed a spin loop that was occasionally triggered by deleting a VPN profile.
- We fixed an issue where apps which call into the firewall (such as Microsoft Edge) have the potential of becoming deadlocked and the app hangs until you reboot your phone.
- We fixed an issue in the routing engine used by apps like Maps where the initial direction was always set to North which could result in unnecessary route segments.
- We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.
- We fixed an issue where a non-default Messaging app (e.g. Skype) would crash with an Access Denied error when changing Download messages settings.
- We fixed an issue where the new Privacy Consent pop-up would block loading of apps which used the activity detection and pedometer sensors.
- We fixed an issue where turning on/off Reset Protection could cause the phone to reboot.