At Acer’s [email protected] global press event in New York, the company announced the powerful and thin Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook and the new Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line, powered by Windows 10.
These new devices have all the must-have gaming tech and power to take best advantage of gaming features on Windows 10 with Creators Update like the new built-in game streaming with Beam and the new Game Mode etc.
The powerful and thin Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook measures just 18.9 mm (.74 inch) and weighs 2.6kg (5.7 pound). The 15.6-inch FHD IPS display is protected by the aluminium shell, providing best-in-class experience without sacrificing thermals, features or rigidity.
Jerry Hou, General Manager, Consumer Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc. said:
Building on the highly acclaimed Predator 21 X curved gaming notebook, Acer is proud to announce the new Predator Triton 700, an incredibly thin yet powerful gaming notebook,
Our industry-leading AeroBlade 3D Fan with metal blades provides ultimate thermal performance, which allows us to pack massive computing power inside this ultrathin form factor without compromise.
At the heart of the Predator Triton gaming notebook series resides a standard-voltage 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, latest high-performance NVIDIA® GeForce® 10-Series graphics, two NVMe PCIe1 SSDs in RAID 0 configuration and up to 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz memory.
And to keep all this tech cool and functional for long gaming hours, Acer has put in the popular AeroBlade™ 3D Fan and five heat pipes cooling system, which is visible through the Corning® Gorilla® Glass plate above the keyboard, and also serves as a touchpad.
Frank Soqui, General Manager of the Virtual Reality and Gaming Group at Intel Corporation, said:
Acer is driving some incredible new products for the gaming and VR-ready category and Intel is excited to work together to push what’s possible on the PC platform,
It’s amazing what can be done with the mobile form factor these days not just at the high end but also for emerging VR in the mainstream – powered by our 7th Generation Intel Core High Performance processors.
Other features of Predator Triton 700 include:
- VR-ready for true immersive gaming experience.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™
- Acer TrueHarmony™ deliver immersive audio with crisp, rich acoustics.
- Skype for Business Certification ensures conversations are clear and lag-free.
- PredatorSense software enables you to control and customize the Predator Triton 700’s vitals from one central interface, including lighting, hotkeys, fan control and general system monitoring.
- Killer DoubleShot Pro networking and Thunderbolt™ 3 connectivity, which provides speeds up to 40 Gbps and supports dual 4K video output.
- Two USB 3.0 ports (featuring power-off USB charging).
- One USB 2.0 port.
- HDMI 2.0 port.
- One DisplayPort connector.
- Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Mechanical keyboard for good typing experience and fast, accurate response times. The keys are RGB backlit and can be individually programmed.
Price and Availability
The Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook will be available in North America in August starting at $2,999; and in EMEA in August starting at €3,399.
The new powerful Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line
Acer also expanded its gaming notebook line with the new powerful Predator Helios 300. These gaming notebooks offer strong performance at midrange prices, without compromising the performance and balance.
The new Predator Helios 300 is available in two screen sizes: 15.6-inch FHD or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays. For best gaming experience, the notebook line is fueled by the 7th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 standard-voltage processors, overclockable NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or 1050Ti graphics paired with 32GB of DDR4 upgradeable memory, fast SATA solid state drive and a 1TB HDD.
And as usual, the cooling system is supported by the Dual AeroBlade™ 3D fans for smoother gameplay, while PredatorSense software makes GPU overclocking and system control easy.
The gaming chassis comes with an iron red backlit keyboard, but a few selected models include a metal top cover and keyboard area for added strength and rigidity.
Other features include:
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C port
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (featuring power-off USB charging).
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports.
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 connection
- Fast 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port.
- An access compartment doors on the bottom of the notebooks makes it easy to upgrade memory and storage components.
- Dolby Audio™ Premium.
- Acer TrueHarmony™ delivers immersive audio with crisp, rich acoustics.
Price and Availability: The Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook:
- models with a 15.6-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at $1,299; in EMEA in August starting at €1,199; and in China in June starting at ¥9,999
- models with a 17.3-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at ,399; in EMEA in August starting at €1,199; and in China in July starting at ¥9,999.