After a long testing phase and numerous inputs, the developers behind the Disqus app on Windows have released the final version of the Universal Windows App for Windows 10 PCs, Tablets as well Phone.
No, this is NOT the Disqus Beta app you are familiar with but the old non-beta app which was earlier present on Windows Phone 8.1 and now it has been reworked upon to support UWP as it jumps to v4.0.19 (from v3.x) with the latest update in Windows Store.
Here are some highlights of the Disqus app for Windows:
NATIVE ON WINDOWS 10
- Disqus is now a Universal app, and will run on Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and phones (including Continuum).
- Faster performance due to platform/tools improvements.
- Get notifications for new replies and a live tile count for all notifications.
- New image uploader tools allows you to crop your images to your liking.
- Add GIFs, and quickly format your comments, links, and more.
- Create discussions on Disqus Channels more easily than ever.
MANY WAYS TO READ
- Discussions happen in realtime – comments, replies, and votes streaming now stream into the app.
- You will now see the combined vote score for a comment. Clicking will reveal a breakdown of upvotes and downvotes.
- Don’t like what someone is saying? Blocking is now available in the app to filter out their comments from discussions.
If you’re still using the Beta, you can remove it now, and download the new version.
If the app doesn’t show up on Windows 10 PC, give it some time as it is still rolling out globally. You can find the app in Windows Store using the link below.