Microsoft has released a new version 107 of its browser Microsoft Edge for all users. The stable version of Microsoft Edge 107 is already rolling out and can be installed through the browser update mechanism. The new version 107.0.1418.24 brings Microsoft Edge sidebar and many new policies along with itself.
The new Microsoft Edge sidebar lets users access productivity tools side-by-side with their browsing window. By default, Search, Discover, Office.com, and Outlook are currently turned on in Edge sidebar. Chek the full changelog provided by Microsoft for version 107 below.
Version 107.0.1418.24: October 27, 2022
Stable channel security updates are listed here.
- Microsoft Edge sidebar. The Microsoft Edge sidebar lets users access productivity tools side-by-side with their browsing window. For enterprise customers, the following experiences are currently turned on by default: Search, Discover, Office.com, and Outlook. Administrators can control the availability and configure the Microsoft Edge sidebar using the HubsSidebarEnabled, ExtensionInstallBlockList, and ExtensionInstallForceList policies. The extension ID for each sidebar app can be found at edge://sidebar-internals. For more information, see Manage the sidebar in Microsoft Edge.
- New policy to give more flexibility in Microsoft Edge startup. The RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled policy lets users add and remove their own URLs to open when starting Microsoft Edge while maintaining the mandatory list of sites specified by the admin.
- EdgeWorkspacesEnabled – Enable Workspaces
- EnhanceSecurityModeBypassIntranet – Enhanced Security Mode configuraton for Intranet zone sites
- EventPathEnabled – Re-enable the Event.path API until Microsoft Edge version 115
- InternetExplorerIntegrationLocalMhtFileAllowed – Allow local MHTML files to open automatically in Internet Explorer mode
- LinkedAccountEnabled – Enable the linked account feature
- PerformanceDetectorEnabled – Performance Detector Enabled
- RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled – Allow users to add and remove their own sites during startup when the RestoreOnStartupURLs policy is configured
- DefaultShareAdditionalOSRegionSetting – Set the default “share additional operating system region” setting
- WebSelectEnabled – Web Select Enabled
- WebSQLAccess – Force WebSQL to be enabled
- WebSQLNonSecureContextEnabled – Force WebSQL in non-secure contexts to be enabled
- MicrosoftOfficeMenuEnabled – Allow users to access the Microsoft Office menu
- BuiltinCertificateVerifierEnabled – Determines whether the built-in certificate verifier will be used to verify server certificates