Microsoft has pushed a new Chromium Edge build 85.0.531.1 to the Dev channel. The build brings a new feature of preloading of webpages that will result in faster searching and browsing.
There are many fixes too. Read the complete changelog below.
- Added a setting to enable preloading of certain webpages for faster searches and browsing.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where new installations of Edge sometimes crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where closing the browser too soon after importing data from another browser sometimes causes a crash.
- Fixed an issue where pasting content when Information Protection is enabled sometimes crashes the tab.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to restart Edge on Mac to apply an update gives an error message instead of updating the browser.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes appear at their minimum width, even when there’s space for them to be larger.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling down a page sometimes causes it to jump back up to the top.
- Fixed an issue where unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the Taskbar sometimes creates a shortcut to the wrong profile.
- Fixed an issue where the … menu button sometimes disappears at small window sizes.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where Shy UI sometimes disappears while being interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where the highlighted word sometimes doesn’t match what’s being dictated when reading PDFs aloud.
- Fixed an issue where printing a PDF sometimes doesn’t center the content on the printed page, leading to cut-off content.
- Fixed an issue where the default printer is sometimes forgotten or reset.
- Fixed an issue where the Immersive Reader toolbar sometimes disappears when the window isn’t wide enough.
- Fixed an issue where translating content in Immersive Reader sometimes leaves grammar markings from the previous language on the page.
- Fixed an issue where Youtube videos embedded on webpages aren’t shown in Immersive Reader when they should be.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the “Complete sign in” button sometimes doesn’t enable sync until the browser is restarted.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes don’t get proxy settings applied properly.