Microsoft has released January 2021 update for the Power Automate Desktop.
- Variable value viewers are available in the flow designer
In the flow designer, you are now able to take a more detailed look and structured view of the variable values during (or after) flow execution.
This dialog comes up after double-clicking on the variable chip in the variables pane or right-clicking on it and selecting View.
The variable value viewer is adjusted to the format of the corresponding variable type it’s presenting.
- Connection strings can now be built via Data Link Properties in SQL actions
Windows’ Data Link Properties dialog box is now incorporated in the ‘Open SQL connection’ and ‘Execute SQL statement’ actions, letting you configure connection strings to data sources via the standard Windows system interface.
- Several performance improvements have taken place in Power Automate Desktop
Power Automate Desktop has been improved, in terms of resource optimization (CPU and Memory consumption) and smoother performance of the flow designer.
- Internet Explorer automation does not require disabling Protected Mode
For web automation tasks using Internet Explorer, disabling Protected Mode in the security settings of IE’s options is no longer required.
If you want to learn more about Power Automate Desktop, get started with the below resources:
- Learn more about Power Automate Desktop in our documentation
- Sign up for a free Power Automate trial
- Download Power Automate Desktop