Microsoft rolling out an update to the Visual Studio Code. The latest update version 1.9 of the code editor, which brings many new features and improvements such as new welcome page, synchronized markdown preview, and more.
Visual Studio Code 1.9 Changelog:
- New Welcome page – Whether you are a new or returning user, the Welcome page helps get you started quickly.
- Interactive Playground – Try out VS Code’s advanced editing features without creating files or a project.
- Synchronized Markdown Preview – Coupled view of a Markdown preview and its editor.
- Format on Paste – Format source code as soon as you bring it into your project.
- Language specific settings – Customize your settings for specific languages.
- TypeScript references CodeLens – VS Code ships with TypeScript 2.1.5 and now includes References CodeLens.
- Single file debugging – Debug without a configuration file to enable quick debugging of single files.
- Inline variables display – See variable values inline while debugging.
- Expanded Node.js debugging configurations – Easily debug Mocha tests, gulp tasks and even Yeoman generators.
- Improved task running support – Run multiple commands from the same task.
- Faster Integrated Terminal – We improved the integrated terminal’s performance and Windows support.
You can download the updated 1.9 Visual Studio from here.