It started with Creators update (Version 1703) followed by the Fall Creators update (Version 1709) and now it seems Windows 10 Redstone 4 is “Spring Creators update” (Version 1803). Microsoft is perhaps keeping it simple when it comes to naming the Windows 10 feature updates.
Windows 10 February 2018 Bug Bash quests have mention of Spring Creators update name in the description of some new features only available so far for insiders. Check the screenshot above that shows mention of “Spring Creators update” in one of the quests.
As the Version number 1803 suggests Microsoft will start releasing the Redstone 4 aka Spring Creators update publicly sometime in March 2018. Though it may even move to April after an official announcement in March as happened in case of last feature updates.
Windows 10 Spring Creators update is a major update that brings many new and cool features, UI changes, Windows Shell improvements, Microsoft Edge new features and improvements, Cortana improvements and much more. Provided below is a categorized list of what is new and changed in Windows 10 Redstone 4 aka Spring Creators update.
- Redstone 4 Top New features
- Redstone 4 UI changes & Settings Improvements
- Redstone 4 Windows Shell Improvements
- Redstone 4 Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Redstone 4 Keyboard, Input & Font improvements
- Redstone 4 New Privacy tools & improvements
- Redstone 4 Windows Defender Improvements
- Redstone 4 Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
- Redstone 4 Cortana improvements:
- Redstone 4 new Developer Tools & improvements
- New Redstone 4 features for IT Pros in Delivery Optimization