Microsoft is now rolling out a new Xbox One system update Build 10.0.16299.4037 to non-insiders. As you can correctly guess this update was already available for Insiders and after testing makes their way to non-insiders as a stable update build.
Coming to what this new system update brings, there are some new features to make your experience rich. The latest update brings Cortana Skills, ability to hide games with no unlocked achievements, and more. Check out the full changelog below.
The update is currently optional, so you will need to download it manually
- Save me: Settings on your home console – including TV and OneGuide – are now saved automatically to the cloud when you sign in. When you set up a new Xbox, we’ll ask if you want to apply them.
- Speed up setup: Now you can use the Xbox app on iOS or Android to finish setup on a new Xbox while it downloads the day one update. Look for the option when the update starts.
- Clubbin’: On top of games and friends, now you can add club blocks to Home. Add them from both the guide and the club itself.
- Give the gift of games: Want to play Santa? Give a gift from the Microsoft Store, including most digital games, durable DLC, Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass. Look for the “Buy as gift” button and send stuff to friends and family.
- Pretty please?: Now kids can ask their parents to buy games and apps for them with the “Ask a parent” online safety setting. Parents can manage their children’s privacy & online safety settings in Settings > Account > Family (or visit account.microsoft.com/family).
- Time’s up: Screen time limits allow a child to ask for more time when they run out, but the parent had to complete the request on the console. Now, kids can request more time in email and you can approve (or deny) from there. To set up screen time for your family, visit account.microsoft.com/family.
- Mad skills: Cortana Skills on Xbox let you do more with your voice, like controlling smart home devices, ordering a pizza, or buying tickets to your next concert. You can also ask Cortana to play music from Spotify, Pandora, or iHeartRadio.
- Out of sight: We heard you! Now you can hide your games with no unlocked achievements from the personal and public view of your profile.