Microsoft has today announced a partnership with PowerSchool, a leading provider of K-12 education technology solutions in North America. The partnership will help in combining PowerSchool’s K-12 technologies with Microsoft’s Office 365 for Education productivity suite, Windows devices, and cloud infrastructure.
Microsoft and PowerSchool plan to reach over 30 million students in North America with help of this partnership. As part of this partnership Microsoft and PowerSchool intend to reshape K-12 education in below five key areas:
- Creating a unique and enhanced Unified Classroom experience — By embedding Microsoft Office 365, including OneDrive, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote Class Notebook into PowerSchool’s Unified Classroom, teachers will be able to manage all aspects of their classroom and use Microsoft Office 365 in one simple solution.
- Providing best-in-class cloud infrastructure — With PowerSchool’s solutions hosted on Microsoft Azure, the partnership will offer advanced security, scalability, and reliability to their cloud solutions.
- Enabling Personalized Learning — The addition of Microsoft’s solutions for education to the PowerSchool Unified Classroom will further empower students with more ways to demonstrate learning, collaborate with others, and personalize their learning experiences. The addition of Azure Machine Learning and Cognitive Services will enable PowerSchool to not only inform the learning process, but also adapt it in real time to meet the needs of each student.
- Providing Valuable Insights — By leveraging a combination of PowerSchool’s Unified Insights platform and Microsoft’s Power BI, the partnership will provide educators with the data they need to gain valuable insights into operational metrics and student performance.
- Creating a community of educators — The partnership is committed to helping the education community by sharing their decades of combined experience to help all educators grow and develop their skills in the classroom.
The partnership will allow Microsoft to make its position stronger in the Education sector in NA market.