Team Mojang has announced a big update for Minecraft for Windows 10, Console and Pocket edition. The new update adds a new Power Rangers pack in Minecraft, Glide Mini Game and 1.0.5 patch for Pocket and Windows 10.
Glide Mini Game
We’ve got a pretty swish update soaring onto consoles tomorrow, bringing with it a free, all new Mini Game. It’s called Glide and it’s designed to test your aeronautical skills to the very limit. Strap on a pair of elytra and hone your swooping skills on an exhilarating aerial track – the first in a series of free tracks to be released.
Beat the clock in the Time Attack mode, using thermal drafts and speed boosters to your advantage, or go for points in Score Attack by hitting all the hoops. Careful study may reveal sneaky shortcuts to refine your runs, so keep your eyes peeled! You can choose to beat your personal best in solo play, pit your wing-skills against other players online, or – on Xbox One and PS4 – take a swing at the all new Glide leaderboards. This update also boosts the number of PS4 and Xbox One players possible in both Glide and Battle up to 16, and all platforms get a more spacious lobby, too!
Power Rangers pack
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers? How about… Miney Morphing Power Rangers? Hmmm, maybe not.
What’s got us so excited we’re throwing out puns this awful so early in the week? A new skin pack in Minecraft of course! The Power Rangers pack launches today on Console, Pocket and Windows 10 Edition. Go go, MINEY Morphing Power Rangers! (Hey, it’s catching on!)
You won’t just find the brightly-coloured buddies in the pack either. Every good superhero team needs an equally bad rogues gallery of cackling villains, so you’ll find skins for wrong un’s like Rita Repulsa, Bulk and Skull terrorizing the pack too. Initiate Megazord sequence!
A bunch of super-powered features descend upon Pocket and Windows 10 Edition with the 1.0.5 update, here is the changelog:
- Power Rangers skin pack
- Xbox Live and Realms support on Apple TV
- More commands: /title, /stopsound, /playsound, /clear, /difficulty, /effect, /me, /replaceitem, /spreadplayers, /testfor and /gamerule!
- Game rules: commandblockoutput, sendcommandfeedback, drowningdamage, falldamage, firedamage and pvp!
- Command blocks
- Minecart with command block
- Magnifying glass no longer appears over entered text in the Storage manager
- Jump range of magma cubes fixed to correct value (No bug ID)
- Lapis lazuli icon now in enchanting tables
- Accuracy of fireball shots from ghasts is now correct
- Accuracy of ghast fireball shots is now correct
- You will no longer get trapped & suffocate when reloading a world
- The beacon’s position is now correct when held in your hand
- Endermen once again have idle sounds
- Villagers no longer pick up your stuff when you die