A new Surface Pro 3 firmware update is now live and you can check your devices for the update. The update brings many fixes, optimizations and driver updates for Home button and Pen settings.
Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.350.0)
- Resolves scenarios where the device will boot to a black screen if McAfee Defense Encryption 7.1.1 is installed.
- Optimizes the FWPOST time to 3.7 seconds with the fast boot enabled.
- Prevents situations where system clock loses time when battery falls below 3%.
Surface Home Button driver update (v2.0.1174.0)
- Surface Home Button driver update (v2.0.1174.0) enables future functionality for the Surface Hub app.*
Surface Pen Settings driver update (v220.127.116.11)
- Surface Pen Settings driver update (v18.104.22.168) enables future functionality for the Surface Hub app.*
Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3066.135)
Enables better throughput after waking from sleep and connecting to an 802.11AC network.
Ensures Infra scan list is not empty while connected to a wireless display adapter.
Resolves an issue connecting to Cisco 1242 access points.
Ensures device reconnects properly to a hidden SSID using a 5Ghz DFS channel after waking from sleep.
Adds customer-requested functionality to prefer 5Ghz connections when both a 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection are present with the same SSID.