Panasonic has launched the fully rugged detachable 2-in-1 device, Toughbook CF-33 in India at a price of Rs 2,50,000.
Announced back at MWC 2017, the device is a fully rugged 2-in-1 detachable laptop with 3:2 aspect ratio and runs Windows 10. It is available in two variants: a) 2-in-1 detachable laptop (tablet with keyboard dock) or b) as a tablet only.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 transforms into six diverse working modes, giving the best experience of a portable workstation and tablet for business applications. It weighs only 2.761kg in laptop mode, with the separable tablet weighing 1.527kg.
Being a fully rugged tablet, it can easily bear the harsh weather conditions of sunlight or heavy rains, which makes it best suitable for outdoor use by workers in an industry. It also has a 12″ 10-finger capacitive Dual touch QHD screen (2160 x 1440 pixels), with 1200cd/m2 brightness, providing better viewing quality for tablet users who need to operate touchscreens with gloves when working outside.
The digitizer pen is IP55, protecting it against intrusion, dust, accidental contact, and water by mechanical casings and electrical enclosures, and at the same time, furnishing the highest levels of writing, drawing and signature accuracy in unpleasant weather conditions.
Other features of Toughbook CF-33 include:
- Powered by Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- The sleek Desktop Port Replicator allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime
While speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vijay Wadhwan, Business Head System and Solution Business, Panasonic India said:
Users today are looking to do more with rugged devices than ever before. With the evolving needs of enterprise and government sectors, we are transforming with times to offer best computing solutions for our customers. Old bulky laptops present safety concerns, portability issues and are not very resilient to damage. We at Panasonic are constantly looking to offer products that not only improve the efficiency but enhance productivity and bottom-line performances for a number of years.