Samsung has finally step in to the gaming market with their gaming laptop. At the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show(CES) in Las Vegas, Samsung announced its own and unique featured gaming laptop ‘Notebook Odyssey’.
The new portable gaming PC is powered by Windows 10, and features a high performance, dynamic display. The Notebook Odyssey is available in two different form factors, 17.3-inch and 15.6-inch models. Gamers can experience a great gaming experience with features like the Xbox app, Xbox Play Anywhere and the ability to stream Xbox One games to the device.
Samsung Notebook Odyssey Product Specifications
Samsung Notebook Odyssey Product Features
- Samsung Notebook Odyssey’s HexaFlow Vent located on its bottom panel is a cooling and ventilation system that enables optimal performance for even the longest gaming sessions. It also ensures that the device stays continuously cool.
- Ergonomically curved keycaps (0.5mm volcano keycaps on the 17.3-inch, 0.3 mm crater keycaps on the 15.6-inch) for more comfortable gaming. Backlit WASD keys on the 15.6-inch model stand out in a dynamic red hue, providing users with optimal interaction. With the 17.3-inch model, users can also choose the backlight color of individual keycaps to make locating their most frequently used keys more intuitive.
- Equipped with a full-HD display and powerful backlight that features 300 nits (17.3-inch) or 280 nits (15.6-inch) of brightness.
- The performance is enhanced by a NVIDIA GTX 1050 graphics card which can handle even the most graphics-intense games out there with precision and power.
- Powered by a 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor (Quad Core 45W), the Samsung Notebook Odyssey offers users superior performance. Should users decide to do so, they can also upgrade the SSD drive more conveniently by simply opening the door on the HexaFlow Vent.
- System Status Dashboard (Fn+F10), enhances usability by letting gamers quickly check frame rate to ensure premium performance and confirm memory and hard drive space. Or, should a gamer want to capture a memorable battle scene or show off an epic racing record, they simply need to press Fn+F11 to start recording their gameplay.
- Samsung Notebook Odyssey also comes preloaded with software solutions for peer-to-peer sharing between devices, as well as PC Message and PC Gallery that enable users to easily share files, messages and photos.
More details on this new device will be unveiled later this Spring.