SharePoint pages in Office 365 are about to get a lot more usable as the company is now looking to change certain things to improve the overall experience. Microsoft announced that it would be giving users the freedom to customize the look of the title region of each page. Moreover, users will be able to create a custom description from page details, and more. You can read about all the features coming soon in detail below.
- Customize the title region for each page – Modern SharePoint pages and news articles will now have more options to customize the title region of each page, with four layouts, two alignment choices, text badges above the title, the ability to change the displayed author and show or hide the published date.
- Modern pages support section backgrounds – this makes it easier to see the distinct sections and adds visual variety throughout the page.
- Page owners can customize their page thumbnails and descriptions from within page details edit pane. Once adjusted, the content will then be represented in this way in search results, highlighted content, previews, and more
- Pages – choose new thumbnail – Choose a new thumbnail from Page details: Previously, the thumbnail image for a page (used in search results, highlighted content, and SharePoint News) was auto-selected. Now, you’ll be able to select your own thumbnail image.
- Pages – choose new description – Choose a new description from Page details: Previously, the first text that appeared on the page was auto-selected as the page description. You can now add your own custom description in Page details.
These new features are now available for the Targeted Release customers in Office 365 and eventually roll out to all users of Office 365 by the end of this month.