Microsoft has released a new Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17035 for Windows Server Insiders. This is the first preview build of the next Semi-Annual Channel release of Windows Server.
What’s New in Build 17035 for Windows Server
- Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) is enabled. Storage Spaces Direct is the foundation of our hyper-converged solution and we’re continuing to evolve it. In this preview build we not only brought it back, but we’re adding some new and important updates to it – such as support for Data Deduplication, a commonly requested feature for Storage Spaces Direct and ReFS. Starting with this build, Data Deduplication will reduce the data footprint by up to 50%.
- Developers can now use localhost or loopback (127.0.0.1) to access services running in containers on the host
Known issues with Windows Server build 17035
- [NEW] The base filtering engine (BFE) service may fail to start, which prevents the Windows Defender firewall (MpsSvc service) from starting.
- A system crash may occur because of a kernel security check failure (bug check 0x139) from a corrupt list entry in a deferred free pool.
- An application may crash because of a heap entry corruption error (0xC0000374) in the health attestation configuration service provider (CSP) library (Hascsp.dll).
- Testing of the Windows core may fail because of a timeout while attempting to load the test libraries.
Check out all the details of the build is here.