If you are in the market looking for a beast (yes, beast) gaming laptop, then look no further than the Acer’s Predator 21 X. Announced at 2017 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week, the Predator 21 X runs on Windows 10 and is built ONLY for ultimate game enthusiasts with one purpose in mind, extreme gaming.
The Predator 21 X is fueled by the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK processor, a 5 fan cooling system with a few metal AeroBlades to boot and dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI for unmatched graphics performance.
A 21-inch curved IPS display (2560 x 1080 resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate) delivers true immersive gaming experience, especially when combined with the notebook’s Tobii eye-tracking technology. The curved screen also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, ensuring smooth and sharp gameplay.
The Predator 21 X’s Tobii eye-tracking camera works with Windows Hello, supporting secure and password-free sign-in by recognizing your face. Skype for Business Certification ensures you can communicate with crisp and lag-free quality, and also allows for clearer, higher quality audio and a great Cortana with Voice experience.
Other features of Predator 21 X include:
- Full-sized mechanical keyboard featuring Cherry MX Brown switches, with individually programmable backlit keys, offering 16.7 million color options. A unique numeric keypad allows it to be flipped over and turned into a Precision Touchpad.
- 64GB of DDR4-2400 memory, up to four 512GB solid state drives in RAID 0 configuration (including 2 NVMe PCIe SSDs, which are up to 5x faster than SATA SSDs) and a 7200 RPM hard drive of 1TB capacity
- A new 3-way (tweeter, midrange, woofer) audio design which produces Hi-Fi quality sound and is powered by 4 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 midrange) and 2 subwoofers to produce a full spectrum of sound.
- Making each Predator 21 X unique, Acer lets customers add a design, flag and laser engraved name to the notebook’s maintenance panel
- Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps.
- Advanced cooling architecture of 5 system fans, 9 heat pipes and Acer Dust Defender
Pricing and Availability:
The Predator 21 X will be available in North America in February with prices starting at $8,999; and in EMEA in February with prices starting at €9,999.