July update for Gears of War 4 is now available for Gears fans on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
After introducing Rise of the Horde update last month, the new Gears of War 4 train keeps rolling and adds two maps for the July month – including some added Windflare surprises – there’s a whole bunch of events and characters to collect.
Read on all for the info!
The fast and furious action of Gears of War 1’s Raven Down is crash landing into Gears of War 4! Set on a tight intersection with a crashed King Raven in the middle, combat on this map is up close and personal – frags can help you to get an edge in combat, but this map is all about your core Gears combat skills.
The peaceful farm setting of Reclaimed is about to be ravaged by a Windflare! Previously only available in the campaign experience, Windflares are incredibly powerful storms that culminate in the fearsome stormwall with lightning bolts that can fry you in seconds.
As you play in Versus and Horde, the Windflare will periodically roll into the map, challenging you to battle your enemies and the elements. You’ll need to master movement in the strong winds and judge your aim with projectile weapons well in the wind. As the stormwall hits, prepare to dodge lightning bolts that target players – look for the telltale sizzle to know when to move!
There are also a bunch of new events for Gears fans:
- Raven Down 24/7: To celebrate the release of the ever popular Raven Down, we’ll be running Raven Down 24/7 across multiple game modes later this month!
- More for Horde Players: We recently released a new variant of Horde called ‘Anything Goes’, which pits you against 50 waves of randomized enemies. We’ll have another new Horde event for fans to take on later this month.
Gears of War 4 July Update – Patch Notes
- Players shot at point-blank range in cover will no longer receive reduced damage
- Players can no longer survive under the avalanche on Avalanche
- Players can no longer capture the rings in KOTH on Avalanche from below the balconies
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race
- Fixed an issue where players could leave a Ranked Lobby just as they join one without being aware, resulting in a suspension
- Updated Palace Guard dialogue to match their intended voice
- Improved Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Security
- Horde: The Sniper’s ‘Called Shot’ mark ability now works when using a turret
- Horde: A Scout using Cloak will not break Cloak by roadie running in cover
- Horde: Enemies killed by Explosive Headshots will no longer reset the Magic Bullet Multiplier
- Improvements to the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation
- Fixed display issues with YJeter’s Lancer Skin
- Added 21 new Country Emblems (available in Gear Packs and Craftable)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements